Collection and Usage of information
- We may collect personal information about you when you visit our website, including name, address, email address, phone numbers, information used to personalize, date of birth and other information. Dotcod uses this information to provide better service to you and to enable us to contact you if a problem arises.
- We may ask you for and collect personal information at other times, including when you avail the services of Dotcod when you complete surveys on Dotcod’s website; when you participate in a user forum or blog hosted by Dotcod or one of/any of our business partners. We use the information you provide to help us provide you better services, to customize your experience on our website, and to provide advice and purchase recommendations and for other purposes consistent with this statement. Dotcod may also match user information with third party data to help us better understand our customers.
- We will use the personal information you provide through the Website to respond to your questions, have efficient communication and to provide you with efficient customer service. After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on the Website, we may use certain identifying technologies to allow that website to “remember” your personal preferences, such as sections of the Website that you visit frequently and, if you choose, your user ID.
- We shall collect, store and use your information in compliance with all applicable laws. You may always limit the amount and type of personal information that we receive about you by choosing not to enter any personal information into forms or data fields on the Website. Some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate personal information. Other parts of the Website may ask whether you wish to opt out or opt into our contact lists for offers, promotions and additional services that may be of interest to you. If opted to do so, we may use this information for marketing and promotional purpose. For example, in accordance with applicable law and with your consent, we will use your email address to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, and to contact you about products or information we think may interest you. However, you shall have an option to unsubscribe from our updated and news letter if you may please.
- Dotcod also conducts research on its users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us when the user engages us for providing any services or simply visit our website. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis so as to prevent identification of personal information relating to any one individual. Dotcod may share this aggregated data with our business partners/subsidiaries and not with any other unauthorised third party/entity.
- That unless the user/visitor signs through his email on our website we shall provide only that information for which the user/visitor has requested for and sought assistance for through our online portal. Further, detailed and complete assistance can be requested by signing up by the visitor.
- Finally, we may also ask for your personal information when you express an interest in employment opportunities at Dotcod